I had Ubuntu 11.10 and in the last few weeks I experienced an obscure problem: after I had the computer running for a few days I could no longer connect to google.com or anything related to google. All sites worked with all browsers (Firefox, chrome, opera) except google. It remained in the connecting phase for a few minutes and either timed out or finally connected with this huge delay.
Even if I entered other sites such as this one, if it had anything to do with google such adsense or gstatic or whatever with g in it, that site took a long time to load waiting in connecting to gstatic.com . Anything google related took minutes to work, but everything else worked instantly!
I tried rebooting or using other machine(with windows on it) and this worked, so it's not network related. But after a few days it started not working again... So I upgraded to the Precise Pangolin hoping this behavior would go away. It didn't! After a few days I get the same behavior as in 11.10.
What am I supposed to do? Reboot every other day?
I didn't have this problem with neither 10.10 or 11.04.
I found the Realtek RTL8168/8111E issue with the r8169 driver but this is not exactly the same card so probably trying r8168 won't help.
Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02) Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device ff1c Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 44 I/O ports at 4000 [size=256] Memory at d0010000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K] Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=64K] Capabilities:  Power Management version 7 Capabilities:  MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+ Capabilities:  Express Endpoint, MSI 01 Capabilities: [ac] MSI-X: Enable- Count=2 Masked- Capabilities: [cc] Vital Product Data Capabilities:  Advanced Error Reporting Capabilities:  Virtual Channel Capabilities:  Device Serial Number 09-00-00-00-ff-ff-00-00 Kernel driver in use: r8169 Kernel modules: r8169