complex issue. i bought my Mom a new desktop pc, with specs listed below (using HardInfo 0.5.1):
- Processor : 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz
- Memory : 3943MB (1228MB used)
- Operating System : Ubuntu 12.04 LTS -Resolution : 1024x768 pixels -OpenGL Renderer : Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Desktop
- X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
- Genius Multimedia Keyboard
- ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse
- Venus USB2.0 Camera
Two screens are connected - a 19" monitor through DVI, and a 26" HDTV through HDMI.
Ubuntu Displays shows that I can mirror displays with 1024x768 & 1440x900.
Obviously I wanted the latter. Yet it doesn't work. 1024x768 does work, with no issues at all, but when i try to set the 1440x900 - the screens flicker, it take quite a while - and eventually doesn't work, as you can see here:
no only that - i must restart the computer since it becomes super slow, until i get a kernel panic. I sent the computer to the lab, and they claimed everything is ok with the hardware. They installed Windows 7 and showed me everything is fine, as seen here: