Something I've put up with for a seemingly long time (it could be months, it could be years) is that sometimes the screen doesn't update properly when something happens. Some examples:
- Some tooltips just show the area of text, not the border or drop-sahdow.
- Some tooltips just show the drop-shadow(!)
- Menus are a common issue. I often need to move my mouse around to get the items to show up.
At least in VNC terms, this would me known as a screen "damage" problem but I'm not using VNC. Something in the graphics stack isn't redrawing the screen when a change has been made.
Some notes about my configuration:
- Nvidia GTX 580, binary driver (304.30 from xorg-edgers). The beta driver is a red herring. I've had this problem in the stable versions of everything too.
- Two monitors in one Twinview screen
- Compiz but not Unity.
/etc/X11/xorg.confconfiguration at all.
Any suggestions on where to start looking to fix this? Are there any magical nvidia configs I can test to make this work?