Converting an audio file with VLC
First you will need
VLC Media Player. I have provided a link to the Software Centre for that.
NOTE: If you just want to play the file, instead just open it with VLC and ignore the following instructions.
- Open up VLC
- Open the "Media" menu
- Choose "Convert/Save" (Ctrl + R)
- Make sure you are on the "File" tab
- Using the add button, choose the files you would like to convert
- Click the "Convert/Save" button
- Click the "Browse" button and choose where you would like to save the converted file
- Under "Profile" choose what you would like the format of your converted file to be. Make sure you choose one of the "Audio -" options
- Click the "Start" button
- VLC will look like it's playing the file without sound and will say "Streaming", but leave it alone until it has finished "playing the file."
Now the file should be converted to whatever format you selected as whatever file you selected to save as.