I had the following issues with my Sony Vaio E14115's touchpad on Ubuntu 12.04:
- Right click not working
- Vertical scrolling not working
Then I followed these steps to fix it:
- Downloaded a patch for Psmouse
- sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential
- cd ~/Desktop
- tar jxvf psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae.tar.bz2
- sudo mv psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae /usr/src
- cd /usr/src
- sudo chmod -R a+rx psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae
- sudo dkms add -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
- sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
- sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
- sudo modprobe -r psmouse
- sudo modprobe psmouse
This fixed me the problems of Rightclick and vertical scrolling.
But I still have an issue of not able to click and drag ie Clicking the leftmouse button and dragging with another finger. It doesn't move! Maybe it doesn't detect the 2nd finger.
When I check the capabilities of my Synaptics touchpad by using
xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"|grep Capabilities
I get the following output:
Synaptics Capabilities (304): 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Please help me out.