Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How to roll back Ubuntu to a previous version?

I am trying to uninstall 12.04 to revert back to 11.04 due to compiler compatibility issues. I tried installing using an .iso of Ubuntu 11.04 on a burned CD but the screens stops after flashing Ubuntu 11.04. Please help.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Jjed, Jorge Castro, Eliah Kagan, izx, jokerdino Aug 16 '12 at 8:05

This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.

MD5 test the ISO image and check the burned CD/DVD or written USB flash drive for defects. Besides that, the question @JacobJohanEdwards posted a link to should provide the necessary information. If you read and follow everything there and still have problems, please edit this question to provide more details, and also post a comment here (as this may be closed as a duplicate). – Eliah Kagan Aug 14 '12 at 21:31

I had an issue similar to this one. If you have a graphics card installed on your system then you will need to remove it completely and run the installation without the Graphics Card in there. Then you can put it back in after the installation. It is important to note that if you used WUBI to install your 12.04 then you shouldn't do a revert to 11.04 without first making a partition with your existing memory. Installing 11.04 alongside 12.04 and then use a partition manager to format the 12.04 partition. After that then you can use that partition manager to expand the volume on the 11.04 partition. I suggest that you use a boot able USB also as it seems to function better than a CD. Again the Graphics Card is likely the best route as it happened to me like that. It can't hurt anything so try it.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.