I did something wrong with laptop and now I get this error message "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot." when I try to boot using windows 7 DVD.
- DELL XPS L502X Laptop (bought in April 2012)
- Partition: Windows7 64bit + Ubuntu 12.04 32bit
- RAM: 8GB
This is what I did with the well running healthy system:
- I deleted ubuntu partition from windows7: I went to windows7-->right click click computer -->Manage-->Storage-->Disk management--> deleted all the primary partitions of Ubuntu.
- After reboot, I got error saying "Grub Rescue>" in a prompt command mode
- I took live CD of Ubuntu but it didn't boot the cd, it said that no bootable partition exists.
- I took Windows 7 DVD (iso image burned) and tried to boot with this: it was showing "Windows is loading files..." on the screen from last 5 hours, so I just reboot machine by pressing power button.
- this time I got this error message when I tried to boot again with the windows7 DVD
Please help, what should I do? Will my laptop ever work again? or I killed him? :(
thank you GUNN