Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to use glossy photo paper to get a photo printed. So what I need to do and how do I use this type of paper?

Printer info -

Kodak ESP c315

share|improve this question
1 Printing depends on the printer driver. What is your printer? – Takkat Jul 18 '12 at 17:29
My printer is Kodak ESP c315,thank you! – user66498 Jul 18 '12 at 17:32
Can you use Gimp ? – BigSack Aug 12 '12 at 12:51

To be able to make use of features your printer offers you will have to download and install an appropriate driver. Sadly Kodak does not make any Linux drivers.

There is a sourceforge project that offers drivers for Kodak printers:

There you will also find Debian packages including packages for 64-bit Ubuntu for installation. However I have no idea if they install and run nicely, and to what extent your printer will be supported.

Sadly in the usual case (of many other printers) we see that the drivers offered are way behind their proprietary Windows counterparts both in comfort, and in printing quality.

share|improve this answer

You print just like on other OSes. In your printer settings, set the kind of paper to "Photo paper" (or something like this, it depends on your printer). For using it, you have to print on the glossy side of your photo paper.

share|improve this answer
Thank you for telling me this but when I went on settings,the paper type sittings is not available. – user66498 Jul 18 '12 at 17:33
What is your printer model ? I don't know for other printers but for HP printers, it is referred as "Media Type". Perhaps it is the same thing on Kodak printers. – air-dex Jul 18 '12 at 17:40
My printer model is Kodak ESP c315 – user66498 Jul 18 '12 at 17:41

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.