- Placed Ubuntu i386/32bit 12.04 LTS [DESKTOP] disc in the disc tray.
- The disc loads fine.
- Clicked install Ubuntu.
- Without checking the download updates while installing or install this third-party software.
- Clicked continue.
Mouse cursor turns to spinning circle and remains a spinning circle while the screen freezes its place at "Preparing to install Ubuntu".
- I tried not checking any of the boxes and clicking continue.
- I tried checking Download updates while installing.
- I tried checking Install this third-party software.
- I tried checking BOTH Download updates while installing AND Install
this third-party software.
Does anyone else face this very same issue? Is there a workaround for this problem? Do I need to use a lower version of Ubuntu? If so, which version do you recommend for my system specifications?
My system meets the system requirements.
Here are my exact system specifications. (Custom modifications: 320GBx2 HDD && 256MB AGP GFX card && 1GBx2 RAM)