I've got a Samsung Notebook (NP-QX412-S01AU) with a touchpad / clickpad. I'm running 12.04 Precise. When I first log into my computer, the touchpad behaves exactly as expected and desired. The longer I stay logged in, it slowly degrades. I'll try describe it.
There are 3 ways of "dragging" on this clickpad:
- (Physical) click and hold with one finger, and drag around while still holding it down. All with one finger.
- (Physical) Click and hold with one finger, then with another finger drag around to move cursor.
- Double tap (not a physical click) and on the second tap, hold and drag.
I most naturally use option 1, but here's how it works:
- When I first turn on, options 1, 2 and 3 all work.
- After a while, only options 2 and 3 work.
- Later still, only option 3 works.
- Restarting X causes all 3 to work again.
I've compared the output of "synclient" in each of the states, and there was no difference. Anybody know what to look at?
Or at the very least, a command I can run to "restart" the mouse driver without restarting X?