Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How can I run Windows applications in Ubuntu?

I get this error message:

Archive: /home/nicole/Downloads/iLividSetupV1.exe [/home/nicole/Downloads/iLividSetupV1.exe] End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on the last disk(s) of this archive.

zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/nicole/Downloads/iLividSetupV1.exe or /home/nicole/Downloads/, and cannot find /home/nicole/Downloads/iLividSetupV1.exe.ZIP.

Why is ubuntu doing this?. I can no longer use my ipod, download songs, download software.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Florian Diesch, Jeremy Kerr, Eliah Kagan, Uri Herrera, jokerdino Jun 19 '12 at 6:02

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Ubuntu is NOT Windows. It's not worse or better. It's different. – Vitalie Ciubotaru Jun 19 '12 at 2:22
iLivid qualifies as malware in my book. – Ryan O'Hara Jun 19 '12 at 3:26

The iLivid downloader program is an *.exe, a Windows executable. You may want to look at the Wine Project if you need iLivid to download another file.

Wine Install wine is available for Ubuntu in the Software center.

share|improve this answer

Looks like you tried to open a broke zip file

Also anything that ends in .exe is a M$-Windows package, it cannot be installed on Ubuntu. You can install .debs, or use the Ubuntu Software Center application to install software.

Ubuntu is not a garbage OS, but it may not be for you.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.