I started with Ubuntu 12.04 minimal and added a couple of applications via apt.
Since these applications require GUI, I used
sudo apt-get install xinit
And to start the applications I am doing
Now I am facing few problems:
- Not having a proper mouse pointer. Just have a "cross" instead.
- Key combination Alt+Tab is not working; I cannot switch b/w open windows.
- The windows are not having minimize, maximize, close buttons.
- PS2 mouse works well, however USB mouse is not being detected.
- The System does not output the sound. (Videos on youtube runs but w/o sound).
- OPTIONAL: I am also looking for a way out to use mouse keys, i.e control mouse pointer using "Keyboard Numeric Pad
May someone please suggest me what all I need to install to rectify these issues.
PS: Since I require more of a server environment, I am not willing to install a Desktop manager.