My local library currently uses Windows with Steadystate to provide a locked-down, "stateless" PC. It provides library patrons with access to a web browser, Office and a couple of other apps. Once a patron logs off or their session times out, Steadystate wipes any changes they made to hard drive.
I'd like to do the same with Ubuntu:
- Provide access to Open/Libre Office
- Access to Chrome or Firefox.
- Be able to print to HP printers.
- Erase any changes made by the user after each user session and/or reboot.
- No access to the command line or any other unauthorized apps.
This question provides a few answers but it's two years old so I'm wondering if there are newer/better solutions?