Some months now, it's taking very long to logout/shutdown/reboot my ubuntu box.
- it doesn't happen with a fresh profile
- it still takes ages even when i close all running programs first (foreground programs)
- sometimes a couple of applications are closed before the waiting time (eg. chrome, music player)
- it happened with 11.10 and now 12.04
- i did a fresh install of 12.04 but reinstalled all my programs and application settings/profiles (eg. chrome profile, music db, .bashrc etc.), still no solution
- it happens only when i use the gnome way of rebooting/shutting down/logging out
- when issuing "sudo reboot" in the terminal, there is no waiting time
- there is no process eating CPU time
- i have not found any evidence what is causing this whatsoever
- i'm using "gnome-fallback" (gnome classic 2D)
what actions does gnome execute when clicking on eg. logout exactly? i want to trace these steps
any help is appreciated very much!