Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to open archive files from the command line. I can use things like "jar tvf" to list the contents, but I'd like to get the explorer view. What is the name of the application that does this?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

file-roller is the name of that program.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.