Thought I'd bring the information I found to an answer. Let me know if this helps. Original version of this can be found here: HOWTO: Grub Customizer - Ubuntu Forums
First you'll need grub-customizer application. To install do the following in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
To start, type this into a terminal:
Making Changes (from Main Page)
- Removing / Hiding Entries
- Hide An Entire Section: Untick the main header (linux, os-prober, etc)
- Example: Unticking os-prober will disable the script and remove all entries normally found by it - Windows, other Ubuntu installations, etc. Even if the entries within the subsection are enabled, they will not be displayed.
- Hide Specific Entries: Untick the entry. Example: Unticking Ubuntu, with 2.6.35-24-generic will remove that specific entry in the Grub 2 menu.
- Freezing Entries (new Entries)
- Unticking "new Entries" prevents the addition of any new Grub 2 menu entries for that section. New options found during updates may be included in the tree view but will not be selected by default.
- If a new item is found by an enabled script, it will not be added to the Grub 2 menu.
- Example: If 'new Entries' in 'linux' is deselected, when a new kernel is installed on the main system it will not appear in the menu.
- Adding Entries
- Tick the applicable entry.
- Selecting a main category will enable the script.
- Selecting an item within a main category will add it to the Grub 2 menu if it's parent is enabled.
- Renaming Entries
- Double-click a menu title to enable the editing mode. Type the new title and click elsewhere on the page to complete the edit.
- Moving Entries
- To move a main section, highlight the entry and use the Up/Dn arrows on the main menu to change the menu order. Moving a main category will move all its submenus.
- Example: If you want Windows to appear before the main Ubuntu entries, move os-prober to the top of the list.
- To move a title up or down within a subsection, highlight the entry and use the Up/Dn arrows on the main menu to change the menu order.
- A titles can only be moved within its own subsection.