Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What process can I use to submit .crash files that aren't submitted to Ubuntu due to restrictions on my network?

share|improve this question

Please see the documentation here for further details about bug reporting. I copied and pasted the relevant info here for you.

First, gather the information about the target system in a file:

For a bug report about a system crash:

apport-cli -p <package name> --save bug.crash

For a bug report about any other issue:

apport-cli -f -p <package name> --save bug.apport

After copying it to a different system you can file that report using the following command:

ubuntu-bug -c <apport_file.extension>

If this is to be added to an existing bug report, also use the -u option:

ubuntu-bug -c <apport_file.extension> -u <bug number>

You will need to answer a few questions, and a web browser will be launched to complete the bug report.

Hope this helps!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.