I have read this question: Getting the alternative to the 200-Line Linux Kernel patch to work
And I am trying it on my desktop(s).
Is this a good idea for a server? Would it help in any way?
Edit: I manage several servers:
- Web servers, running Apache/Cherokee + PHP-Fcgi + MySQL
- Django servers, running Cherokee + Python + MySQL
- Squid proxy, running Squid 2.7
- Zabbix server, running Zabbix 1.8 full stack
- OpenSuse 11.2, running iFolder 3.8 server (though obviously this one isn't the one I expect to get answers for in here... :))