I have a beautiful 27" iMac. I would like to run Ubuntu on it natively, dual-booting with OS X.
I have rEFIt installed, and I can boot into the Ubuntu 10.10 CD, kind of. Here's what happens:
- I select the CD from the rEFIt menu
- It loads for a while, then flashes up an aubergine screen with a very low-res picture of a human, an arrow and a keyboard
- It sits there for a while
- It changes to 80x25 console mode
- The screen then goes black, as if nothing is displaying to it
All the while, the CD is churning away as if something is reading from it.
What do I do?