I am using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. I installed it using the feature 'Install within Windows'. I got a simple though difficult problem.
Touch pad and external mouse movements are working fine.
I am able to :
- Maximize,minimize,close an opened window using the buttons on window.
- Drag a window by double clicking and holding it.
- Rise up a context menu with a right click on the window border.
- Scroll through a page with the Mouse wheel.
I am not able to :
- Left click or right click on a panel.
- Open a menu item from the menu bar using click.
- Open a folder by double clicking it.
- Rise up a context menu for a right click inside the window area.
- Click an item in side pane.
- Scroll through a page dragging the scroll bar.
- Select OK or cancel in the pop up windows by a click. [To do so, I have to use
tabto go the option and press enter].
It happened as follows :
I finished installing the packages
gsynaptics, then opened the package
planets, added a planet in the opened window.
planets window said to press
Ctrl + Shift to release mouse from its window to normal ubuntu environment. I doubt my keystroke was wrong. I am not sure what i pressed. Something wrong went from there. *
I thought a restart would clear the problem, but it didn't. I removed all the installed packages and their dependencies, restarted my laptop. Still, the problem exists.
I am using my laptop with all the keyboard shortcuts i know. And i have to press
tab many times to select something and it is really bad.
- Should i install any drivers for my touch pad ?
- Is there any option to restore my system to an earlier point of time as is possible in windows?
- Should i change any settings ?
- Can i recovery using any boot up installation?