I just tried to set up evolution with the MAPI plugin to connect to my Exchange Server 2007, as is described in this link -> https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/370590-connect-evolution-to-an-exchange-server.
this is did not perform very well, it kept freezing and could not send a message, although it did retrieve a lot of info from the server, it just wasn't doing the job.
I am going to try Thunderbird now, with SMPT. Maybe it will work.
What have you all had the best luck with, as far as an email client for Microsoft exchange server 2007?
Thanks a lot!!
** UPDATE **
So I set up Thunderbird. The setup wizard automatically detected my server settings and this worked well for retrieving the information from the server (like inbox and custom folders). The sending didn't work by at first. There was a problem with the SMTP authentication. I tried each authentication method until I was successful sending a message. The one that worked was NTLM.
Thanks for the good tips for this problem!
** UPDATE **
It has been a few days using Thunderbird. It seemed like it was working at first, but now I see that it is not performing very well. Every time the program runs, it hangs on "bringing inbox up to date". Also when you first open the program, it seems to retrieve the new email messages correctly, but after the program is opened, it hangs and will not get new messages that have been sent since opening the program... back to the drawing board.