I am owner of nVidia GeForce GT 320M and I have two displays: external montior BenQ 1920x1080 and laptop's display 1366x768.
Ubuntu with installed additional hardware drivers recognize my monitors just as a single monitor:
Similar behavior occurred also on 11.10 but Displays dialog wasn't so important as it is in 12.04:
- sticky edges make it painful to move the cursor from one display to another
- when saving a change in Displays dialog or during log in, the following error is displayed:
Displays dialog worked during the installation perfectly. I assume that the problem are nVidia drivers. Output of xrandr:
$ xrandr xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default Screen 0: minimum 3286 x 1080, current 3286 x 1080, maximum 3286 x 1080 default connected 3286x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm 3286x1080 50.0*
My questions are:
- How to turn off sticky edges?
- How to get rid of that dialog after every login?
- Are there any alternative drivers which play well with Display dialog?
- How to get rid of nVidia drivers? I could only choose from version current and post-release updates: