I had Ubuntu 12.04 BETA installed on my entire HD. Then I decided to also install Linux Mint Debian Edition 121204 (LMDE).
- With gparted I shrunk my /home to make room for one more distro
- I created the partitions needed for LMDE, but figured I could use the same swap
I installed LMDE - no errors. During install I selected to install GRUB to /dev/sda
- Grub shows Linux Mint Debian Edition, but no sign of Ubuntu
- The new LMDE install will not boot
- I can use LMDE from USB stick, which is what I use right now
- My Ubuntu /home has data that is not backed up (must recover)
If I can boot back into Ubuntu to back up I am OK again. Please help.
From gparted (sda8 and sda9 is the new ones after shrinking sda7) /dev/sda1 ext4 20 GB Flags: boot /dev/sda2 extended 912 GB dev/sda5 ext4 20 GB dev/sda6 linux-swap 4 GB dev/sda7 ext4 585 GB dev/sda8 ext4 20 GB dev/sda9 ext4 285 GB