Let me describe my situation:
- while I connect computer with the wire, I've got an IPV6 address automatically, there's a "Wired connection" tab in network manager, and I can access an website that support IPV6 (google,facebook,twitter...)with a hosts file, or use the proxy like google.com.sixxs.org
- But if I want to access the whole internet, I have to create a DSL connection with username and password that ISP gave me. BUT after I change my connection into this DSL connection, I cannot access website over IPV6, even there's the site's ipv6 address in
/etc/hosts, then I realize that I lose my IPV6 connection, because the ping6 says
connect: Network is unreachable.
- the problem is, there's no IPV6 tab or options about IPV6 in the configure of DSL connection. It feels like I can only use one connection at the same time, but the DSL doesn't support IPV6 and the
wired connectiondoesn't support IPV4(I mean, there's no way to input the password the ISP gave me)
- maybe make somebody uncomfortable, but when I work in MS windows, there's no such problem, (maybe just feel like) I can access V4 and V6 at the same time.
- So how to solve with this? thanks a lot.
- I'm in 11.10 + gnome3