Google has an Easter egg that draws 3D graph but when I tried it out on chrome it complained about no WebGL support. I've also tested it on Firefox whose WebGL support was enabled but ended up with the same problem. Thus, I suspect it's an issue of my GPU. Some googling led me to
chrome://gpu and here's what I got
Graphics Feature Status
- Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
- HTML Rendering: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
- 3D CSS: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
- WebGL: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
- WebGL multisampling: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
- GPU process was unable to boot. Access to GPU disallowed.
- GL driver is software rendered. Accelerated compositing is disabled.: 59302
- Mesa drivers in linux older than 7.11 are assumed to be buggy.
- Accelerated 2d canvas is unstable in Linux at the moment.
- Data exported Tue Apr 10 2012 18:35:57 GMT+0800 (CST)
- Chrome version 18.0.1025.151 (Official Build 130497)
- Operating system Linux 3.0.0-0300-generic
- Software rendering list version 1.27
- ANGLE revision 988
- 2D graphics backend Skia
I wonder what each of the problem implies and How I may properly deal with it? I'm using Ubuntu 11.04