Hello fine Gentlemen,
i have the following problem and i primarily want to have a way how to analyse this. My problem is that somehow Ubuntu keeps locking me in a certain window/editor. i can then not switch to another one using the mouse or Keyboard. I can however close the window, giving the focus to another window.
- Move the cursor within the window that contains the focus
- write in the window that has the focus
- Click in window that has the focus
- Click on another window, wait some time and it will switch to the new window.
- switch to another window at my convenience
- reproduce the problem because it just comes and goes
- fix the problem via a restart, so it should not be processor load
How can i figure out why this is happening? How can i possibly fix it? What additional information do i need to specify the problem, so i can look for a solution?
edit 1: I am using the latest version of Ubuntu (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx) How do i find out my Desktop environment?