12.04 and later
Browse your coverart albums in Rhythmbox v2.96 and later
first the disclaimer - I am the co-author to this plugin!
How it works:
- Click the new CoverArt source button (left hand side of screen)
- Albums are displayed as clickable buttons containing their album cover
- Right click menu option to play, queue & search for cover art for an album.
- Right click to search for missing covers
- locale support is also available to display text in your native language - more details on how to help with the translation is on GitHub.
how to install
- install prerequisite packages:
sudo apt-get install git gettext python-mako python-mutagen python-requests python-lxml
rm -rf ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/plugins/coverart_browser
git clone https://github.com/fossfreedom/coverart-browser.git
git clone https://github.com/fossfreedom/coverart-search-providers.git
Alternative installation - I've added this to my Rhythmbox PPA: