I need to input sports result data on a website quite regularly. The table appears offset in Ubuntu (using Firefox and Chrome) ie the input boxes do not match with the vertical input descriptions. Consequently, the table is longer than it should be and the input boxes don't match up with the input descriptions. This does not happen on my Arch box - the table renders perfectly. I don't know where to start looking for a solution to this problem.
Arch is currently using Firefox 10 but this problem has been present for quite a number of months and version upgrades of Firefox. What happens is this : there are two input cells side by side (where I add results of football (association) matches. These cells align with a team name eg
Team One [input 1] [input 2] Team Two [input 1] [input 2]
Firefox in Arch renders the page as intended. The input cells are aligned with the team names. This also works in Firefox in Windows.
In Ubuntu, the cells are displayed on top of each other :
Team One [input 1] [input 2]
This, unfortunately, causes the input boxes to become misaligned ie they are no longer next to the team they are associated with.
Team One [input 1] Team Two [input 2] [input 1] [input 2]
Matching teams with the correct input boxes becomes a nightmare. Aaaaargh.
I can't give you a link because it's a password protected site. Here's what it should look like: http://i39.tinypic.com/2ev8bi1.png
Here's what it looks like in Ubuntu 11.10 using Firefox 10
I have installed the Microsoft font set and also used my Firefox config from Arch in Ubuntu, but the problem persists.