sudo apt-get install samba smbfs ntfs-3g ntfsprogs
smbfs: The SMB/CIFS protocol provides support for cross-platform file sharing with Microsoft Windows, OS X, and other Unix systems.
ntfs-3g: This package provides wrapper utilities for compatibility with the old "smbfs" filesystem type: smbmount, smbumount, and mount.smbfs.
NTFS-3G uses FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) to provide support for the NTFS filesystem used by Microsoft Windows. It can:
- create, remove, rename, or move files, directories, hard links, and streams;
- read and write files, including streams, sparse files, and transparently compressed files;
- handle special files like symbolic links, devices, and FIFOs;
- provide standard management of file ownership and permissions, including POSIX ACLs.
This package also contains the tools previously available in the ntfsprogs package.
ntfsprogs: The Linux-NTFS project (http://www.linux-ntfs.org/) aims to bring full support for the NTFS filesystem to the Linux operating system.
This is a set of tools targeted for people interested in working with the NTFS support in the Linux kernel and using it. The following utilities are included:
- ntfsfix - Fix common filesystem errors and force Windows to check NTFS.
- mkntfs - Format a partition with an NTFS filesystem, optionally bootable.
- ntfsinfo - Show some information about an NTFS partition or one of the files or directories within it.
- ntfslabel - Show, or set, an NTFS partition's volume label.
- ntfsresize - Resize an NTFS partition without losing data.
- ntfsundelete - Recover deleted files from an NTFS partition.
- ntfscluster - Locate the owner of any given sector or cluster on an NTFS partition.
- ntfscat - Concatenate files and print them on the standard output (without mounting the partition).
- ntfsls - List directory contents on an NTFS filesystem (without mounting).
- ntfscp - Overwrite files on an NTFS partition.
- ntfsclone - Efficiently clone an NTFS filesystem or a part of it.
- ntfsmount - Mount an NTFS partition from user-space using libntfs and FUSE.
- ntfsdecrypt - Decrypt NTFS-encrypted files (NOT INCLUDED).
- ntfscmp - Compare two NTFS volumes and tell the differences.
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/share ntfs-3g defaults,users,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0
- /dev/sdb1 = ntfs drive
- /mnt/share = mount point