This is not fair at all.
Why is the download speed (both wired and wireless) in Ubuntu 11.10 slower than Vista or 7?
I've tried all the methods known to get the same speed or at least close the gab to Windows... but none worked.
I tried ~
- Played with the MTU > no success, same speed
- Watch dropped packets / errors > none arised
- Reduced the txqueuelen > nothing happened
- Installed the latest Wireless drivers > nothing at all
- Opened all ports / closed firewall in both Router and OS > No speed performance enhancement
- Stopped using wifi N > nothing changed
I'm still having 1 - 2 Mbs / sec less than Windows while using Ubuntu 11.10 down to 10.04
Now, I'm open to try anything! just hit me, I'll give it a try.
It's really annoying to lose in that ground to Windows... I'm expecting the best performance from my Ubuntu! So, give me a solution please.