We are planning to install 80 ubuntu desktops in a college. The management told us to harden the ubuntu desktop as much as possible, like the user should not able to customize system settings for example changing wallpapers, themes etc etc..Could you all pls share your points in hardening a ubuntu system? So that it will be helpful for me to build a good desktop system. Thanks in advance
Tasks to be done:
- Restrict users changing wallpapers & themes
- Restrict users adding / deleting system panels.
- Restrict users installing / deleting packages.
- Disable USB storage devices.
- Displaying IP address of the system in the background of system wallpaper in bold in right bottom.