Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How do I use Unity drag handles?
What is this hidden Unity window-dragging feature I discovered on accident, and how do I reproduce it?

Every so often when I am moving a window (using my laptop touchpad) orange circles (with arrows inside) appear at the corners and midpoints of the window. I think that they're for resizing, but all that happens is that the window moves with my cursor.

How am I triggering this? How can I stop triggering this? What are they supposed to be for?

Example of orange circle things

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by fossfreedom, Jorge Castro, htorque, Stefano Palazzo Feb 1 '12 at 11:39

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Those orange circles are the Unity Grab Handles, a Compiz plugin designed to make resizing and moving easier with touchscreens or touchpads. By default, it is triggered by a three-finger tap over the window.

In the accepted answer of this question:

How do I use Unity drag handles?

there is a very detailed guide to configure the handles. Since you just want to get rid of them, you only need to uncheck the plugin itself.

share|improve this answer
But where is this binding configured? The drag handles plugin itself does not contain any mouse binding configuration? – Jonas G. Drange Aug 25 '12 at 9:51

You are right, it's a compiz plugin, that allow you to resize or drag a window with some orange arrows.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.