What topics can I ask about here?
Ask Ubuntu is a questions and answers site for Ubuntu-related questions. It's also a place to share knowledge about Ubuntu.
Please follow the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, Ubuntu Leadership Code of Conduct, and this FAQ when participating in this community.
Video tutorials about how to use the site are available.
We welcome questions about:
- Using and administering Ubuntu, including official Ubuntu derivatives.
- Running third-party applications on Ubuntu.
- Development on Ubuntu.
- Services provided by Ubuntu
- Any question not mentioned below or here are great! There are no "dumb" questions!
This is not the right place for:
- Linux Mint, Backtrack, Gnome-Remix (prior to 13.04) and other Linux distributions (try our friends at Unix & Linux Stack Exchange).
- Bug reports (How do I submit a bug?).
- Issues with the next version of Ubuntu (Ubuntu+1) (More information about Alpha and Beta release issues).
- Shopping Recommendations
- Support of versions for Ubuntu releases past "End of Life" (EOL)
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?" If you have a question about the site that is not answered in this FAQ, check our community-maintained FAQ, and more generally our meta-discussion site.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Ask Ubuntu, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.